Sweet Potato Chowder Recipe
September’s recipe is Sweet Potato Chowder! Fall season is upon us, and our nutritionist has just the recipe to keep you cozy all season long. Sweet potato chowder is just the soup for those breezy September evenings.
½ large onion (diced)
½ tbsp. curry powder
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 sweet potatoes
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2 cups vegetable broth
- Sauté: onion, curry powder, garlic with olive oil- season with S&P (salt and pepper)
- Add: sweet potatoes, coconut milk and veggie broth
- Simmer: on medium/low for 25 min until vegetables are tender
- Blend soup using immersion blender or blender
- Optional garnishes: Greek yogurt, scallions, pumpkin seeds, parsley
- Makes 4 servings
Want more recipes? Check out August’s recipe! Learn more about our Wellness services including weight resistance training, nutrition services and more by visiting our Wellness page. If you’re interested in our Nutrition and Food Pantry services, call 1(800) 597-7977 ext. 407 or visit our Food Pantry page here.