Low Fat Alfredo Sauce
Who said Alfredo Sauce had to be unhealthy? With this Low Fat Alfredo Sauce, you can feel good knowing that you’re doing both your taste buds and your body a favor! Try it out and let us know your thoughts!
- 1 Tablespoon of light butter of your choice (you can use a plant based butter, choose a product with 0 grams’ cholesterol, 0 grams trans-fat, and minimal saturated fat)
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- A pinch of nutmeg (if you have it)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% Milk
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 package of cooked pasta of your choice
- Parsley for garnish
- In skillet, over medium heat, add butter of choice and let it melt. Stir in diced garlic and let simmer for 1 minute, or until it is just softened –do not brown or burn.
- Quickly stir in flour to form a paste.
- Slowly stir in chicken broth and whisk to remove any lumps.
- Stir in 1% milk. Let simmer for 6-8 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Continue to whisk to remove any lumps.
- Turn heat to medium/low and add parmesan cheese and a pinch of nutmeg.
- For a very smooth sauce you can pour the sauce through a strainer to remove any lumps.
- Remove from heat and toss with your favorite pasta. Garnish with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes if you like extra spice.
If you’re interested in more deliciously healthy recipes, sign up for a cooking class with our Nutritionist! Cooking classes and nutrition services are available for all FTOC patients. Please call 1(800) 597-7977 ext. 407 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.