Our Weight Resistance Trainer, Chris, is back with another heart-pumping workout! As always, these exercises can be done at home, in the gym, or anywhere you find a spot to exercise. With a mix of strength and cardio, this is a great routine to challenge your endurance and strength! See below for a breakdown of each exercise and watch the video to learn the best form and technique.
Exercise #1: Single Sided Lunges: Sets 2-5, Reps 4-16 Each
- Start in a standing position with both feet hip-width apart. Step forward with one foot, slightly longer than a walking stride, and plant this foot in front of you. Keep the chest and back upright and descend the hips down towards the ground. The back leg’s knee should be bent down to a few inches above the ground. The back and front knees should both be at a 90 degree angle at this bottom position. Then you will forcefully push the legs against the ground to get the hips back up to the starting position, mostly using the front leg’s power.
- Continue this movement until you’ve completed the set on this side, then switch the lead leg.
Exercise #2: Hand Press: Sets 2-5, Reps 4-30 Seconds
- Start with both hands together with palms touching around mid-chest height. You can have the hands flat or clasped together. You will then press both palms together with as much pressure as you comfortably can and hold for the set time for your repetition.
Exercise #3: Side Dips: Sets 2-5, Reps 3-30
- Begin with one forearm flat on the ground and your torso raised on its side with your feet stacked on top of each other on their sides. You’ll also have your hips raised in the air by using the planted forearm and obliques (side core muscles) to push them up. With a controlled speed, drop the side of your hip to the ground, then flex the muscles on the side of your core to bring the hip back to the starting position and repeat.
Exercise #4: Jumping Jacks: Sets 2-5, Reps 6-50
- Start standing with both legs and feet together and have your arms straight to the sides. You will then jump and spread both legs to land more than hip-width apart to the sides. As you are jumping to spread the legs, the arms will come from the sides to above the head. You will then jump again and bring the feet back together while bringing the arms back to your sides and repeat.
If you’re interested in our weight resistance training services with Chris, request an appointment or give us a call at 1(800) 597-7977.