Lemon Chicken Skewers with Creamy Feta Sauce
July’s recipe is easy to make Lemon Chicken Skewers with Creamy Feta Sauce! This recipe has a variety of nutritional value, and makes for easy leftovers! You can customize your own skewer with any ingredients you’d like, making it easy for the whole family to enjoy.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, grated
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 (12 ounce) jar marinated artichokes, in water
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 2in sticks
FETA SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 6 ounces feta cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-3 tbsp olive oil if needed
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, paprika, cumin, cayenne, cinnamon, garlic, ginger, parsley, lemon, and a pinch of salt. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Marinate for 15 minutes or up to overnight in the fridge.
- To make the creamy feta: Combine the feta, yogurt, lemon juice, parsley, and paprika in a blender or food processor. Blend until creamy. Add 1 tablespoon at a time of olive oil if you need it thinner.
- Set your grill, grill pan, or skillet to medium-high heat.
- Take skewers and thread the chicken, artichokes, and asparagus pieces on.
- Grill the skewers until lightly charred and cooked through, turning them occasionally throughout cooking, about 10 to 12 minutes total. Alternately, you can roast the chicken at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve the chicken with the feta sauce spooned over top. Serve with rice or greens and additional feta on the side.
Want more recipes? Check out June’s recipe! Learn more about our Wellness services including weight resistance training, nutrition services and more by visiting our Wellness page. If you’re interested in our Nutrition and Food Pantry services, call 1(800) 597-7977 ext. 407 or visit our Food Pantry page here