Black Bean Burger Patties
Burgers are one of the most popular foods for people of all ages! Here we have a twist on your traditional burger with a vegetarian option that is full of fiber. Top off your burger with any toppings of your choice and you have yourself a deliciously healthy meal!
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- ½ cup quick-cook oats
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 buns, whole wheat preferred
- Toppings of your choice (lettuce, tomato, avocado, ect)
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a pan. Sauté onions, garlic, salt, and pepper and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add carrots and spices and cook until carrots are tender, if needed add a few tablespoons of water to soften faster.
- Remove pan from heat once carrots are soft.
- In a bowl, mash the beans and then add the carrot mixture, oats, and soy sauce.
- Form four patties from the mixture and cook on a nonstick pan or griddle. Cook about 4 min on each side or until heated through and toasted on each side.
- Place on whole wheat buns and top with fixings of your choice.
Families Together offers Nutrition Services and a Food Pantry to members of the community. For more information, please call 1(800) 597-7977 ext. 407 or visit our Food Pantry page here.