Mediterranean White Bean Soup
As we inch closer to summer, we can take advantage of some of the cooler days we have left to try out a new soup recipe! The white beans offer a great source of protein, while the spinach, carrots and celery offer up a delightful mixture of healthy vegetables. Give this a try and let us know your thoughts!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large carrot chopped
- 1 celery rib chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth (you can substitute “Better Than Boullion” soup base and water)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 15-ounces canned white beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Fresh parsley for serving
- Grated parmesan cheese for serving
- In a large pot or saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until onions are translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic, carrots, celery, thyme ,oregano, salt and pepper, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and beans, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes to combine all of the flavors together. Stir in the spinach and continue to simmer until the spinach wilts, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle fresh parsley and grated parmesan cheese, if desired. Serve immediately.
Adapted from: https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/white-bean-soup/
To learn about our Nutrition services, visit our program page here. Call 1(800) 597-7977 to book an appointment with our nutritionist or request an appointment by clicking the Request Appointment button at the top of the page.