Kale Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing
New year new health goals! Let’s kick off the New year with a Zesty take on the go-to kale salad. This carrot and ginger dressing will definitely put some pep in your step.
- ½ lb. carrots (3 medium), coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped peeled fresh ginger
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup water
Pulse carrots in a food processor until finely ground (almost puréed). Add chopped ginger, chopped shallots, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, and salt and pulse until ginger and shallots are minced. With motor running, add vegetable oil in a slow stream to emulsify dressing. Add 1/4 cup water and blend until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Thin dressing with additional water if desired.
- ½ cup chickpeas
- 1 bunch curly kale, stems removed, leaves torn
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1 small red beet, shredded
- radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pepitas, toasted
Top kale with shredded carrot, shredded beet, thinly sliced radishes, cubed avocado, cranberries and toasted pepitas.
Toss with desired amount of dressing.
Recipe for dressing from www.epicurious.com