Orange Glazed Salmon with Dried Cherry Quinoa
Quinoa is such a versatile ingredient packed full of nutrition and healthy protein. It is also Gluten-free and great for people with gluten intolerances. Paired with this honey-glazed salmon, you’re in for a nutritious and delicious meal!
- ⅔ cup water
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- kosher salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried cherries
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Combine 2/3 cup water, quinoa, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 13 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in parsley, dried cherries, and almonds.
- While quinoa cooks, arrange fillets, skin side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, syrup, rind, juice, Dijon, garlic, and pepper in a bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spread orange mixture evenly over fillets. Broil salmon 6 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Serve fillets with quinoa mixture.
Recipe adapted from www.cookinglight.com