FAMILIES TOGETHER TAKES PART IN CITY OF SANTA ANA’S RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
TUSTIN, Calif., August 17, 2021 – Families Together of Orange County is proud to partner with the City of Santa Ana to help provide rental assistance to Santa Ana renters through the CARES for Tenants program and Revive Santa Ana.
Families Together, a nonprofit community health center, is one of eight partners that will help process applications and manage the cases of individuals and families. It will also connect the applicants to the community health center’s medical, dental, vision, wellness and behavioral health programs.
Alexander Rossel, Chief Executive Officer of Families Together of Orange County comments:
“Many members of our community have been hit hard by this pandemic and now face the possibility of homelessness. This program is essential in preventing the worst-case scenario for vulnerable families and children. As an organization, we’re proud to be able to offer another resource for the community through this program, and we will keep working to make sure all families are given the tools to overcome hardships and thrive.”
Effective immediately, Santa Ana renters who have been impacted by COVID-19 may apply for rental assistance via the city of Santa Ana’s website. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Low-income City of Santa Ana renters who have been impacted by COVID-19
- The renter must be a resident of the City of Santa Ana with a current lease or sublease agreement with an address in the City.
- One or more individuals within the household has: 1) qualified for unemployment benefits or 2) experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due, directly or indirectly, to COVID–19 outbreak, to which the applicant shall attest in writing.
- The family must be able to demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability.
- The household must have rental arrears/past-due rent owed since April 1, 2020.
- The household must qualify as a low-Income household according to the income limits (table in Notes)
Individuals can apply for rental assistance by visiting the Santa Ana website at: https://www.santa-ana.org/cares-for-tenants
Income Limits Table
|Family Size||Maximum Family Income (80% AMI)||Family Size||Maximum Family Income (80% AMI)|
About Families Together of Orange County Community Health Center
Since 2003, Families Together of Orange County Community Health Center (FTOC) has proudly served the Orange County community with a myriad of health services while providing a welcoming, multi-lingual and patient -centered medical home to all. FTOC is a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit, FQHC look-alike, a member of the Coalition of Orange County Community Health Centers and the California Primary Care Association.
Please visit www.familiestogetheroc.org for more information on Families Together of Orange County and for the latest updates.
For interview requests and further information, please contact Cassie Rossel