Emergency Rental Assistance
What is the CARES for Tenants program?
The rental assistance program offers payment of 100% of rental arrears or past due rent owed up to a maximum of 15 months since April 1,2020. Applicants who are assigned to Families Together will also receive access to our various medical, dental, vision, behavioral health and wellness services.
Those who wish to apply must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a resident of the City of Santa Ana with a current lease or sublease agreement with a valid Santa Ana address
- Show proof of your inability to pay rent due to COVID-19 (Declaration of COVID-19 Hardship)
- You must be able to prove that you lost income or have increased expenses due to COVID-19
- Qualify as a low-income household, meaning your annual income is no greater than 80% of the area median income based on family size
|Family Size||Maximum Family Income (80% AMI)||Family Size||Maximum Family Income (80% AMI)|
Families Together is now helping qualified parties with the application process.
Families Together of Orange County can assist with applications. Please call (714)665-9890 ext.428 or email us at ERA@ftoc.us to make an appointment.
What do I bring to my appointment?
- Picture I.D for all adults in the household and on the lease or sublease
- Declaration of COVID- impact notice/Letter to landlord
- Current lease or sublease agreement (all pages)
- Proof of income for all adults in the household and on the lease or sublease
- Landlord contact information (phone number and email)