California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal (CalAIM)
We are proud to be a part of the California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal (CalAIM) initiative to assist the Orange County community with essential housing needs. Through this partnership, we aim to provide families with the stability and security they need to build a brighter future together.
Are You a CalOptima Health Member in Orange County? You May Qualify for CalAIM Community Supports
Community Supports are designed to help you with more than just your basic health needs. You may qualify based on certain eligibility criteria. Our services address:
- Resources to help you find and maintain housing
- Assistance with move-in expenses
- Help with arranging your move and working with your landlord
Community Supports Services in Orange County
We offer a range of services to support you and your family:
1. Housing Transition Navigation Services
We help our members find housing that suits their needs. This includes conducting a housing assessment, developing a housing support plan, searching for housing, and securing housing.
2. Housing Deposits
We assist our members in establishing a basic household by providing funds for one-time costs, such as a security deposit, setup fees/deposits for utilities, one-time cleaning, and furniture.
3. Housing Tenancy and Sustaining Services
We help our members stay safe and stable in their homes once they are housed. This includes education on the rights and responsibilities of the tenant and landlord, coaching on maintaining a relationship with the landlord, and ongoing support with activities related to household management.
Who Qualifies for CalAim Supports Services?
You may qualify if you are:
- An active CalOptima member
- Residing in Orange County
- At risk of homelessness (living in motels, hotels, campgrounds, or at risk of losing your permanent housing)
- Homeless (sleeping in places unfit for human habitation like cars, parks, public spaces, abandoned buildings, bus, or train stations)
- McKinney-Vento families and foster youth individuals (children who are sharing housing due to economic hardship or loss of housing, living in emergency or transitional shelters)
How Can You Apply?
Applying for participation in the CalAim program with Families Together is easy:
- Complete an interest form below
- Or call us at 1(800) 597-7977 Ext 413